The good news is that Council is working on upgrading the O’Neil Road Intersection with a traffic signalized intersection.
The road works will impact residents and traffic users and continue into April, 2021.
Works will include:
- a fully signalised t-intersection with dual right turn lanes
- the addition of bus lanes on the Princes Highway
- dedicated signals for cyclists
- improvements to drainage and connected shared paths from Desmond Court to the Princes Highway
- a new roundabout at Pink Hill Boulevard.
The upgrade will be completed in 2 stages.
Stage 1 works – due to start Monday 4 January
Will require a partial closure of O’Neil Road.
These detours and closures (see map below) will be in place for about 4 weeks:
- Southbound traffic will be diverted via Beaconhill Drive to Scott Lee Drive, onto May Road to exit onto Princes Highway.
- Northbound traffic can drive through O’Neil Road
- The right turn out of May Road will be closed at the intersection of May Road and Princes Highway.
(We do not recommend taking this detour as May Road is an unmade road and the exit onto Princes Highway is difficult and dangerous). We suggest that anyone planning to come out of O’Neil Road travel along Timberside to Fieldstone and then along Beaconsfield Emerald Road into the Beaconsfield township and then travel along the highway to Pakenham.
Stage 2 works
No road closures or detours, but traffic management will be in place on both O’Neil Road and Princes Highway until April 2021.