Beaconsfield Community Complex in O’Neil Road was officially opened in 2004. It is the home of Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre, Beaconsfield Kindergarten and Beaconsfield Maternal Child Infant Welfare Centre. It is the place for community meetings and functions.
All programs are now held under one roof at the Complex, with a popular children’s program and a wide variety of social, art and craft, health and learning activities. The courses and activities vary term to term, and change to reflect community demand.
Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre provides a variety of courses and activities that reflect community demand. Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre is a not-for-profit organisation and course costs are kept as low as possible to encourage participation. General points about Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre activities:
- All courses are run on site.
- The BNC office is open 9 – 3pm Monday to Thursday and 9 – 1pm Friday.
- Courses are mostly held during school terms and the majority are held during daytime hours.
- The children’s room caters for Playgroups, Occasional Care and 3 year old groups, and is heavily used.
- The Complex hall is available to Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre for programs from Monday morning to Friday lunchtime, and is used for the most active programs eg dance.
- Most craft, art and social programs use either the meeting room or craft room.
- A specialised computer room is used for short introductory computer courses as well as having computers available for free community use under the Public Internet Access Program.
- Rooms are available for hire during the week if not used by Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre courses.
The Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre has a spacious function hall with seating for up to 120 guests for banquets and 200 guests for a cocktail style, the Hall also has a large dance floor. Different packages can be organised for hiring. Hires may include the Hall with 200 chairs and 20 tables, VIP room and a spacious commercial kitchen that has an urn, stove, double door fridge, freezer, and dishwasher. The Hall can be divided into two separate rooms according to your guest numbers. There is a special rate for community events.
Internal restrooms and wheelchair access are available.